The Islands of Tahiti’s Safety Ambassador Programme
In this new world that we live in, The Islands of Tahiti are uniquely well-suited for travel. With accommodations that range from luxurious overwater bungalows, Tahitian Guesthouses composed of only a few rooms, catamarans and boutique cruise lines, private villas, and even private islands, The Islands of Tahiti offer plenty of fresh air, privacy, and tranquility. You can feel confident in choosing The Islands of Tahiti for your next trip, knowing that you can truly relax and release from cares amid pristine beaches, intimate and secluded bungalows, and fragrant tropical breezes.
The Islands of Tahiti’s Safety Ambassador Program
From the moment you start planning your trip to the day you check in to your overwater bungalow to your first lagoon adventure, you can relax knowing that each step of your journey prioritizes your health, safety, and enjoyment. To show our commitment to the health and safety of our visitors and our local population, we are proud to share The Islands of Tahiti’s Safety Ambassador Programme. Designed to provide visitors with a safe and seamless experience, our Safety Ambassador Program encourages all tourism professionals throughout The Islands of Tahiti, including accommodation, activity, dining, and transportation providers, to commit to a standard of health and safety measures. When you book with a Safety Ambassador, you can trust that they have pledged to:
- Do everything possible to ensure staff in contact with visitors are vaccinated according to local regulations.
- Assist staff with isolation if COVID-19 symptoms occur.
- Have COVID-19 test kits readily available for customers and staff.
- Ensure that all cruise passengers are vaccinated and tested before boarding.
- Reinforce sanitization protocols.
- Wear a mask in close public spaces.
- Practice social distancing.
- Provide sanitization products for sale in shops of tourist accommodations.
Visiting The Islands of Tahiti
With multiple direct flights per week from Los Angeles and San Francisco, The Islands of Tahiti are only 8 hours away! With so many options for activities, including cultural and culinary experiences, hiking, snorkeling and diving, cruising, and much more, you can do as much or as little as you like. To plan your getaway, you will need to follow the latest entry requirements, which include the following:
- If you are traveling for tourism, you must be vaccinated.
- You must complete an online registration form which allows local authorities to trace visitors as needed to contain spread.
- You must take an Covid-19 RT-PCR or antigen test and obtain a negative result before boarding your international flight.
- You must take a Covid-19 self-test upon arrival.
You can learn more about traveling to The Islands of Tahiti by reading our Frequently Asked Questions.