Not many destinations are as evocative as Pacific Island cruising and ‘Tahiti’. Paul Gaugin has forever managed to make us conjure up images of coconut palms and grass skirts. Tahiti, however, is only one amongst many treasures on offer.
The French Polynesia South Pacific archipelago is dotted with islands sculpted by sky-piercing, moss-green peaks and lined with vivid turquoise lagoons. Best way to see the diverse landscapes of the islands with lagoons, desert-like atolls, waterfalls and sculptured ridges, is island hopping on a boutique ship all embraced by ‘Mana’, the life force spirit that will envelop you from the moment you arrive.
The 12 days cruise journeys around the Society Islands, including Bora Bora, Huahine and Moorea to name a few, and ventures north to explore the many small ‘atolls’ of the Tuamotu Islands. This is an oceanographic miracle with the lagoons and marine life inspiring the famous explorer Jacques Cousteau. The M/S Panorama II is the perfect small ship to explore these idyllic islands, accessing easily the islands crystal clear lagoons through passes and taking just 30 to 49 passengers close to shore.
- Accommodation in double or twin cabins with private SH/WC & air conditioning
- Full-board: Buffet breakfast and two meals daily, including a Welcome Cocktail, a local Theme Evening, fun BBQ (weather permitting) and Captain’s Dinner
- Regular (filter) coffee, tea and drinking water free all day
- Use of fishing and snorkelling equipment (subject to availability)
- English-Speaking Cruise Escort
Variety Cruises also offer optional (paid-for) excursions in most islands visited, allowing passengers to discover the historical and cultural heritage of French Polynesia and its unique underwater life and treasures, sometimes straight from the swimming platform.
Optional excursions include:
- BORA BORA: A cultural tour by 4×4 // snorkelling with sharks and stingrays // open air lagoon aquarium // Bora Bora tour by the truck and more
- HUAHINE: Half day tour by 4×4 to the archaeological site of Fare Maeva, around the island, to the must-sees
- TAHA’A: Half day tour by 4×4 to the interior of the island, with visits to a vanilla plantation, a pearl farm, panoramic view from bay Haamene
- RAIATEA: Faaroa river & Taputapuatea UNESCO site
- RANGIROA: Dolphins in Tiputa Pass
- MOOREA : Snorkeling and stingray feeding tour + one cultural/archaeological/nature-oriented tour
Book this Holiday Package
Tahiti Tourisme is not affiliated with any Tour Operator and its collaboration with any Tour Operator does not create any agency, partnership or joint venture between Tahiti Tourisme and the respective Tour Operator. Tahiti Tourisme is not responsible or liable for any damages, costs, or expenses resulting from any Tour Operator’s breach of agreements, torts or other misconduct or violation of laws by any Tour Operator, nor for any unauthorized representations made by such Tour Operator.
Tahiti Tourisme hereby disclaims any responsibility or liability for the accuracy or offensiveness of the content or information that is contained and/or provided by any third party sites.